Wednesday, January 02, 2013

farewell 2012

last year i set myself some goals for 2012, it's been fun to read back through them and reflect. although i've not managed to complete them all i'm pretty happy with my 2012. some highlights :

▴ moving house
▴ money, actually saving it. i'm very proud of myself for being smarter with my pennies. i definitely  think twice before spending, if i *really* need the item i'm about to buy and where i'm buying from, of my impact on the world and trying to have less of a throw away mentality
▴ being less hard on myself and more realistic. in all aspects of life and work.
▴ reading more books
▴ almost finishing my epic crocheted chair cover which i started in the summer - photos to come!
▴ going freelance! being able to leave my part time job to focus on illustrating and working on my etsy shop full time is undoubtably my favourite part of 2012. my work has been featured in some fantastic places and i've gained some wonderful stockists. i started the year with 50 etsy sales and ended on 810! to say my goal for the year was to reach 100, i am beyond happy! a big fat *t h a n k  y o u* to everyone who has supported me, by following me, commenting on posts, sharing my work online through twitter, pinterest, facebook etc or featuring my work on your sites, and of course buying from my little shop, i am so so grateful to you all and have never been happier.


as for this year's resolutions, i was going to make a list of '27 things to do in the year i turn 27' ... but then i got slightly disturbed by the fact i'll be turning twenty-seven ... so i've decided to just focus on a few points:
▴ grow my business brain - i've always been a bit nonchalant towards my business plans, but this year i'd like to change that
▴ make more things! (not just for work)
▴ make time for friends and family
▴ take more photos, write more letters
▴ have fun


it's been nice to have a few weeks break from work things. unfortunately just before christmas my imac had a funny turn and was sent away to be fixed by the apple geniuses. (luke was kind enough to let me share his macbook so i've been able to keep up to date with etsy and not lose my mind completely.) i've got 6 days 'til it returns. but now i'm looking forward to focussing solely on some new drawings starting .... now!

happy new year!

5 comments:

  1. You deserve even more sales. Your resolutions are quite general so it will be easy to make them come true;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have achieved so much in one year! You must be so proud :) I have made a list of 26 things before I'm 26 and thought the same. How am I 26 already!? All the best x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illustrations are insanely gorgeous xx Nice work love!

    Vicki xx

    www.missvlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on going fulltime! welcome to the dark side :) x

    ReplyDelete

i love getting little messages, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. i read every one (and reply when i can) ♥
feel free to share links to your site or other things you think i'll like ...
have a nice day