Saturday, April 02, 2011

stoned


i was struck with inspiration this week when i saw these beautiful painted stones by Natasha Newton (click the links to see her paintings, they are actually A-mazing)

Natasha's stones reminded me of something i have been meaning to make for my mummy ... and timing couldn't be better with mother's day right around the corner! a while ago, my mum had seen what she called a 'chatty rock' in someone's garden and said she wanted one ... so i made her this (pictured above) a bossy little rock that on one side says 'turn me over' and the other says 'ahh, that's better!' 
aren't i a nice daughter ey ...

2 comments:

  1. Your mum will be delighted with this, I'm sure! It's so beautiful. And in turn, you may have inspired *me* to make some slightly more detailed stones as well. :)

    By the way, what did you use to paint your stone? I'm using white acrylic ink with a coat of matt acrylic varnish over the top.

    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you Natasha, i'm so pleased you like it! i gave it to my mummy this morning and she thought it was fab, so yay! i used the same as you, acrylic paint and matt varnish xx

    ReplyDelete

i love getting little messages, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. i read every one (and reply when i can) ♥
feel free to share links to your site or other things you think i'll like ...
have a nice day